16-19 Discretionary Bursary Fund
School makes discretionary bursary awards to pupils to help them overcome the individual barriers to participation they may face; for example this could take the form of help with the cost of transport, meals, books and equipment. School decides which pupils receive a discretionary bursary and how much they receive, depending on their circumstances.
- Students must be aged 16 or over but under 19 at 31 August 2021 to be eligible for help from the bursary fund in the 2021 to 2022 academic year.
- Reside in the UK
- Course must be 540 planned hours in an academic year
- No more than 28 days absence in an academic year
- In receipt of free school meals or household income is less than £16,000 a year including benefits.
Annual household income is £16,001 to £20,000 including benefits
Annual household income is £20,001 to £25,000 including benefits and where there is one or more other dependent children in the household, in addition to the pupil.
(Proof of income from working families will be required)
- Have a basic bank account (which pupils can open at age 16) allows BACS transfers and allows pupils to withdraw money.
If your child meets the above eligibility criteria, please complete and return the below application form and required proof of income/benefits as appropriate to email@example.com by the end of February. You do not need to print the application form.
For a paper copy please contact the school office on 01922 710129.