Careers at Castle School
Open Evenings, information and updates
Click here for the new City of Wolverhampton College online prospectus.
Click below to download the slides from the Juniper Training presentation at our last Careers Event
Click here for information about the new Skills Tank site, Bloxwich.
Click the links below to explore a range of apprenticeship vacancies and open days.
Click here for apprenticeship vacancies from Walsall College.
Preparing for your journey onto college, university, a training course or employment can feel overwhelming. This toolkit for young people is designed to help prepare you for successful careers guidance sessions and work experience placements.
Click the download button below to see the My Choices SEND Guide to help you plan your future
Hereward College provides study programmes, learning experiences, and award winning work placement opportunities for young people (age 16-25) with complex disabilities and learning difficulties.
Careers at Castle
Castle School seeks to maximise the life chances of all of our young people and so it is crucial to prepare young people for life beyond school and college. The values and principals document makes direct reference to developing:
‘Knowledge, skills and attributes they (Castle School students) need to lead successful and happy lives’
To ensure that all students at the school receive a stable careers programme
- To enable all students to learn from information provided by the career and labour market
- The CEIAG programme should be individual and address the needs of each student
- To link the curriculum learning to careers learning
- To provide students with a series of encounters with employers and employees
- To provide students with experiences of workplace(s)
- To ensure that students have a series of encounters with further and higher education
- To provide each student with the opportunity to receive personal guidance
Click the links below to see some options for you when you are ready to leave Castle
If you have any questions, Mrs Wilson is the school's career's lead and will be happy to help.